Sunday, April 29, 2007

Life in a Yearbook

One day,
you'll regret all those times you ignored me in the hall.
One day it won't matter how electric it felt when he forgot to kiss you.
One day
No one will remmemeber the beautiful drunk girl in the denim skirt
Whose laugh was stolen from romantic comedies
And skinny legs were spread wide open
No one will remmember the overachiever who sat next to them in English
Her navy turtlenecks covering one sided opinions
And suicidal academic perfection
No one will rmemeber the long haired actress who starred in school plays
Her soft voice and articulate words will be lost to an era of breast implants
And merciless cameras
And the blonde teen dream who made you shake with envy?
In a few years her blue eyes will be forgotten
And she'll gain back all that weight she starved herself to lose
One day my life will become a yearbook
All these faces I wished loved me
All those boys that made me cry
All those girls that made me scream
They will be black and white faces in an amateur layout
They will be four years that I could have been loving myself
STOP WASTING YOUR TIME PERSUADING THEM
Their eyes are open but their minds are closed
and their hearts aren't worth it anyway.

No comments: