Saturday, March 24, 2007

looking for love in a vintage store


I have fallen for open fields and long bike rides. I have fallen for conservative churches and jean skirts, welcoming families, big sunday dinners, red pickup trucks, country music, tightly pulled sheets, edited movies. I have fallen for a world that once petrified me as I sat alone in the Dayton airport listening to Enya and wondering where this journey would take me.

It took me to questioning my faith but always having it. It took me to long trails of weeping willows in the spring sunshine and 150 crunches on a tan carpet before bed. It took me to a place that showed me I don't have to work to be worthy of love. I don't have to lie or change who I am. I don't have to know the words to all these songs, i just have to start singing, and they will clap. and clap. and clap. until i realize i have always deserved this. This comfort. This peace. I have looked for love in vintage stores in Idaho. Searched frantically through the racks of musty smelling jean jackets and parachute pants, passion hungry fingertips skimming through baby blue lace slips and Led Zeppelin tees. I found treasure in the midst of oudated chaos, in a bin of old price tags and family crests. I held it gently in my hands and savored it because

this love is a novelty.

5 comments:

Wanda said...

You are stunning with the sunlight shinning through your hair. You are "deep" as I pondered your writings. You have a gift with words, dear child, and I love to read them.
Continue to savor the love...it's what makes life worth living. Unconditional love...~~~~~~

Anonymous said...

yes, you deserve it, sweet beautiful girl....

you are so worthy

and I love you so very much

and am oh so proud of everything you are, exactly as you are

Diane Dehler said...

You show promise as a budding author.

Anonymous said...

Still reading!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.