Friday, October 12, 2007

ready for an adventure


Last night we decorated tie die tee shirts with cursive writeing in puffy paint and cheap plastic rhinestones. After an hour the floor was covored with glitter and I could barely keep my eyes open. I crawled into her bed and felt my face sink into her hypo-allergenic pillow. yes, sleep. i remmember what this feels like. six hours later we are rushing to get coffee. hot pink lipstick and blue glitter eyeliner. yes, we are seniors. yes, we love life. yes, our tee shirts are so much cooler than yours.
armed with lattes and early dismissal passes we floor it to school. first bell was a joke and second is even worse. I am restless and hungry for the world. I am dreaming of New York in the fall and all the pictures my camera is ready to take. I am fantasizing about the people i will meet, the journals i will fill, the freedom i will taste in a few endless months. they will fly by when all these pep rallies are done with but oh they are dragging by so so slowly now.
I have never been more ready for an adventure.

No comments: