Thursday, February 28, 2008

Skeptical Beauties


The girl sitting next to me wants a tattoo of a cherry blossom on her back and I'm jelous because I wish I'd thought of that. All I can dream of are peace signs and henna.
Long haired girl with high water and grey flannel socks stood in front of the class 40 minutes ago. She is the kind of girl my boyfriend would make fun of but the more I look at her the more beauty I see behind those brass rimmed glasses. She is hiding under layers of Goodwill clothes and selling candy bars to skinny bitches to raise money for anime club. She is brilliant but she stuttered through that 20 minute presentation about Japan. Her cheeks grew redder and redder and I wished she'd look at me so I could smile at her with my eyes. So I could send her golden rays of reassurance from accross this stoney morning classroom.
She is the kind of girl who never hears she's beautiful,
and if you tell her she'll only think you're lying.
God bless the skeptical beauties. They are walking tragedies I pass in the hall e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y.

I swore I would workout yesterday but I didn't. Instead I did someone elses final exam and ate three bowls of white chili. My brown eyed boyfriend rang the doorbell for the first time and I saw how firmly my stepdad shook his hand.
I geuss chilvary's making a comeback
Just in time<3

3 comments:

turquoise cro said...

YOU refresh my soul SWEET GIRLY! Who else saw her beauty?!! I wonder if she does, she has to, if YOU saw it she has to know it's there, inside and outside, the inside shining through! Hey! I'm having a revival of my soul! I LOVED this man back in the day and I WISH YOU to go out and buy a Leon Russell album, I'm listening to his "Gimme Shelter!" cd "The Best Of Leon Russell" I've got some old vinyls too! of his! He is WILD and free!He's singing "Faces of the Children" How SWEET! Isn't that something? Just right for your post! tee hee Happy Thursday sweetie! xoooxox, Cinda

turquoise cro said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_u72N4Ojcc Here YOU go! Get that tambourine out! There's a few more Leon songs there, even when he was young like YOU!!! What do YOU suggest I listen to next??? OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh, OOOOOOOOOOOOH

Vedrana M. said...

interesting...and beautiful :)