Thursday, March 8, 2007

beggining of an unwanted adventure

I held onto his neck while snow danced around us and he sobbed like a heartbroken father.
hell, he was a heartbroken father.
I thought the worst of this was over but I'm sitting alone in an airport listening to Enya and fighting off wicked tears. These fresh pages mean more than an unwritten story.
They mean carrying a wallet and talking to strangers and walking away from my mother at a deserted security checkpoint
They mean blowing kisses to a sunny Dayton sky and slying away from my beautiful chaos
They mean putting faith in a power higher than all these reality TV shows and dependable alarm clocks
I'm taking these first steps on my own but at least my best friend wrote memories with a ballpoint pen on the inside of my moccassins
This is the beggining of an unwanted adventure.

No comments: